Sunday, April 6, 2008

www.ethanpowell.com, pray for his family

I just don't understand why an infant, at two months old, would be diagnosed with cancer and only be given a 15% chance at life? And why did he have to call a hospital home most of his life? Not to mention what he has gone through this year. Please pray for his family. His young parents, Ben & Becky. I haven't met them but I've been reading Ethan's site since the beginning and they are very strong in their faith and they BELIEVED the entire time.
I just don't understand. I know we're not suppose to understand nor question God but sometimes I just can't help it.
But I must say that I'm thankful for the fifteen months they were given with their son.

Please pray for Ben & Becky and their family and friends. Pray that God will comfort them and carry them through the days and weeks to come. May the good memories of Ethan live in their hearts forever.

I used to think to myself while clicking on Ethan's name, "let me go check on Little E". I have really enjoyed the writing of his parents, through their writing you can see how strong thier faith is.

Rest In Peace "Little E"... no more needles, no more pain! Run & play little man, with no lines or tubes attached! :)
I bet there is a "St. Jude group" up in Heaven where Jake, Stanton, Emma Grace, Jabin, Landon, Brent (playing "big brother" to the young kids!) & now Ethan are all hanging out!

PRAYING & BeLIeVING-
Zhohn

4 comments:

Casey Jo said...

Awww Jo,
You are such a beautiful person inside and out. I know how much you love these kids, and I know how much you hurt when heaven calls them home. There really are no words to offer in times like these. Remember I love you!

Kelley said...

I found your site through Tonya at Safe in His Arms and thought I would pop over. You are obviously a blessing to many families.

God Bless You,
Kelley

Emily said...

Thank you for being a blessing to me tonight. And thank you, too, for pointing me in the direction of little Ethan's family. I know Miller Grace, Jake, and all the other little ones have welcomed him with smiles and warm embraces. I will do my part to pray his parents through the darkness that lies ahead. Joy cometh in the morning.

melanie, aka Mo said...

Gosh, so much yuckiness! I hate that stinking cancer! LOVE that JOR Foundation thing on the side of your blog. How can I get that?! Helllllp!

Thanks for always being one of hte first to comment on my blog. I really appreciate it. Melanie