Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Psalm 24:4

If you haven't heard the song, Give Us Clean Hands by Chris Tomlin, please do!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl5zSB3A-Z8/

This song is amazing! Listen to these words carefully...

"...We bow our hearts
We bend our knees
Oh Spirit come make us humble
We turn our eyes
From evil things
Oh Lord we cast down our idols

So give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Oh give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Oh God let this be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob
Oh God let us be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob..."

This is my thoughts on the song...
Make us humble Lord, let it be known that it is not us, it is You.
We must turn our eyes from evil things, we can not approve or take part.
Lord we cast down our idols, because you are King of Kings!
Give us clean hands and pure hearts Lord. Please forgive me for my sins Father.
I will not lift my soul to anyone else.
I pray that we will be the generation that seeks your face. We all know that the time is coming when our God will have enough of this evil world and take us all Home. I pray that all of you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

This is a song of confession and repentance. The only way into Heaven is with clean hands and a pure heart. When we sin, we must confess and repent and the Lord will cleanse our soul, scripture says so. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9).

I started off by just wanting you to hear this song and now have gone on. I have so many songs I'd like to share. I love to listen to Praise & Worship music. Maybe I will start sharing a song a week. I have so many favorites. :)

Seeking His face-
Zhohn

No comments: