Monday, March 3, 2008

Drama?

I do not like drama (at all!) but it seems to always find me! :)

Today's drama:

I moved about a year ago but I never changed my address (yeah bad on my part, same parish though-only about 10 miles!). Anyway yesterday Casey brought me a slip to pick up a registered letter that had went to her moms (my old address), today I went to the post office and picked it up. I opened it and it was a subpoena for Jury Duty for TODAY! So I hurried home and called the Judge's office, his secretary says, ok come in tomorrow for 9 a.m. and we'll recall the warrant.....WARRANT? WHAT? oh and by the way, they are still picking jury member so expect to be here a while!!! Oh my goodness!
I can't believe that I let this happen! I know that it is our civic duty to serve as a juror but I hope that I do not get picked! I'll post tomorrow, if I'm not in jail. ha ha

Other than this, life is great. I'm very content with my life right now! Which, if you really know me you know it won't last for long. lol. :)

Oh, and isn't my weight loss ticker cool??? I love it!

A few friends to check on:

Jaxon, I shared his story before. He has the same cancer as Jake had. Really needs some prayers.
www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaxonburns

Ethan, little E is so precious. He is from La. and has been fighting cancer almost since birth.
www.ethanpowell.com

A few ANGELS, please let their families know you're thinking of them:
Jake www.caringbridge.org/la/jakeowen
Madelyn www.caringbridge.org/tn/madelyn

Blogs that I really enjoy:
Mo www.mojoy.blogspot
Casey www.caseyjo18.blogspot.com
Heather ^Jacob^'s mom www.faithfulfroggers.blogspot.com

Love to all-

P.S. If you're reading, please sign in!

2 comments:

melanie, aka Mo said...

Zhohn,
Yay for you... you are the "BEST WINNER" as Jake would say! The banner you used for your homepage is cool! I hate that we didn't hang more with ya'll in Memphis at the run. It is such a crazy, hectic time for me and I am kinda in a daze! Already looking forward to this year. Karl is our team captain and he is really working to get more people on our team and even planning some little "goodie bags" for our team members. Thanks for keeping up wiht my blog! Melanie, aka MO

Casey Jo said...

You have the right to remain silent, Anything you say can and WILL be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney, if you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights?