Monday, March 24, 2008

Continue to donate, December will be here before you know it (email 9)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and remembered the real reason we celebrate. Our Jesus died for us but He has RISEN, He is alive! And I am extremely thankful!

I hope that all of you will continue to save money to donate to St. Jude. I read everyday of more and more children being diagnosed with cancer/leukemia and also daily, unfortunately, many die. Donating a hundred or so dollars to St. Jude and other charities throughout the year may not seem like much but I know that I'm doing what I can. I will not sit back and hear of children (and adults) being diagnosed with this horrible disease and do nothing. Please help, you are someone dear to you may need to walk through the doors of St. Jude one day for treatment.

Mo's Motivation:

8. An immune system: You never give it any thought, but you should be thankful that it allows you to be outside today and everyday without contracting a 'bug' which could kill you. Be thankful that you don't have to wear a mask every waking hour. Jake, and all the kids who take chemo, have to endure daily shots to help with the recover of their immune systems after chemo destroys it.

I can't imagine trying to get a toddler to keep a mask on much less keep them inside. Without our support these kids wouldn't have special playrooms and different crafts and such to do. Little things like this you don't think about, but they cost also.

My motivation: Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) is the most comment childhood cancer. When I think of ALL, I think of Allie (www.scotthousehold.com). Allie was the first ever site I visited, her mother, Jenny, shared Jake's site and I've just gone from there. Her mom and a friend (Larissa) started Heroes For Children, another great charity to give to. Allie was not treated at St. Jude, but this isn't just about St. Jude, it's about giving innocent children a chance at life. I got a letter in the mail about a week or so ago, from St. Jude, stating that when St. Jude opened in 1962 the survival rate for ALL was only four percent! Today it is 94 percent!!!! Although one in ten children will still die of ALL, this is great news, imagine what the next 40 years will bring! To treat one child with ALL can cost about $270,000 dollars a year.

I also have a St. Jude story to pass on, http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=728efdc1077c7110VgnVCM1000001e0215acRCRD&cpsextcurrchannel=1&plt=HHPLMARRGD03110014

This family was blessed, unknowingly, with identical twins. Lauren will give her sister, Kara, a chance at life. It's a great story.

Thank you, all of you. I can't wait until December to see how much TEAM JAKE will raise this year for St. Jude!

Praying & BELIEVING-

Zhohn

1 comment:

Jenn_N_Luc said...

Love the motivators!! I hope I can make it this year too!