Wednesday, March 12, 2008

St. Jude (eight of 26)

This post is late but it is here! For those new to my blog this is the story behind this-

When I got back from Memphis I was reading over Mo's motivations that she wrote. She had wrote one for each mile, which was 26. I decided that I would send out an email to family and friends every two weeks (26) and include one of Mo's motivations and something from myself. I'm asking everyone to save at least five dollars every two weeks then donate in December, if you do this then you should be able to donate $100. This is the eighth email:

I'm a day late with my email, just busy right now! I hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather. I heard all of you in up in Monroe got some SNOW the other day!!!

Mo's eighth motivation: 8. St. Jude: The slogan at St. Jude is "hope". Imagine being told your child has cancer and for the most part there is no cure. Then, imagine entering a place where "hope" abounds. Everyone is obviously doing their best to see that your child survives. This hope that was given is why our family continues to support and love St. Jude and all the people in it. Be thanful for St. Jude.

Just by reading this you can "feel" the love and the thanfulness that Jake's family has for St. Jude. Another reason we need to continue to support St. Jude, not just for the future but for what they have given already. Not all children survive cancer but with St. Jude most are given many months and even years with their families. Just the other day I blogged about HOPE. We must remember that hope starts with us. We must continue to raise money for research. These children have touched me so and I HOPE that they will you to, and that you will get involved in one way or another.

"And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you."Psalm 39:7

I really don't have a specific motivation this time except I'm asking you to visit some sites, you will be motivated!

Ethan, who I'm sure I've mentioned before. http://www.ethanpowell.com/ His parents have HOPE, they BELIEVE and they are holding on to their FAITH. They are awaiting results of his spinal tap today. He is only a year old and and was diagnosed at two months. They have all been through so much, his entire family needs prayers.

http://www.stjude.org/ you can always browse their website and find some very interesting news.

Corbin, www.caringbridge.org/la/corbin Corbin is cancer free, THANK GOD, drop by his site because his Mom should have had his baby sister, Esther, today!

and of course, JAKE, my sweet Jake, I have never met Jake and he has touched me so. He is the only reason that I went to Memphs in December, that i'm exercising and losing weight to run in the marathon this year, and that I'm involved in fundraising and research for cancer! www.caringbridge.org/la/jakeowen

Please continue to save your money. I think the '08 Marathon page will be up in May!

HOPING that a cure is found very soon,

Zhohn

No comments: