Friday, February 8, 2008

HOPE

Hope is such a strong word. The "motto" of St. Jude is HOPE. I looked up the definition of hope and this is what I found: to believe, desire, or trust.
I have been listening (when I can) yesterday and today to the WYNK St. Jude Radiothon. It has been so inspiring to hear all of these kids and parents speak of St. Jude. Here are a few things that I heard today:

"The love and support you get here, you couldn't ask for anything else"

"They work around the clock to make sure these kids have the best chance"

"When you're at your darkest days, weakest points, there is always someone who brightens your day and gives you Hope"

"St. Jude takes care of you, listens to you and listens to the kids"

"There is a lot of work and research being done, many people who have dedciated their lives to save these children's lives"

"We don't look too far into the future, we just want to enjoy our time now"

"I want to thank all of you for sending money to help save my life"

It's odd because I just visited Heather's blog (www.faithfulfroggers.blogspot.com) and she spoke about hope! I'm asking that you go and read her entry today, I feel the same way. Hope begins with us and we must raise funds and awareness for childhood cancer and research, that's the only way that a cure can be found!

Hoping that a cure is found VERY VERY soon!
Zhohn

No comments: