Thursday, May 8, 2008

gearing up...

I should have my personal page for the St. Jude Marathon up next week!
No donation is too small! Any amount will help.

I had "fell off the wagon" with my weight loss and exercise for a while but I'm back in business now! I lost five pounds this week and have been walking! Less than seven months to go, I better get moving. :)

As soon as I sign up I will post the link to the TEAM JAKE page. The goal this year is $100,000, we need to get the word out. St. Jude really needs your donations! Take a look at this:

St. Jude Patient Care Cost

Wigs
$75

Average charge per inpatient per day
$5,033

Average charge per outpatient visit per day
$2,281

One day of chemotherapy administered intravenously to leukemia or solid tumor patients (estimated)
Average $712

Major surgical procedures (physician fee only)
Up to $11,273


Above-knee prosthesis (estimated)
$33,878

Average cost for treating acute lymphoblastic leukemia per patient
$546,000

Not to mention all of the tests and chemotherapy but something as simple as a wig costs $75! Can you imagine being a teenage girl with no hair and not being able to get a wig?
Give up a few things such as fast food and cigarettes and donate to "the best place on Earth".

BELIEVING!

4 comments:

Faithful Froggers said...

Zhohn, you are a very special person to fight so hard for children with cancer! It is easy to see why those who have a child with cancer are passionate for the cause - but those that get involved out of the sheer goodness of their hearts are very special!
Thanks for all you do!

Jessi said...

I think I made the exact same coupon book for my mom, too. :)

What kind of weight loss plan are you doing?? Congrats on the 13 lbs. you've already lost! Everybody falls off the wagon sometimes...unfortunately I fell off the wagon so long ago that I can't even see the wagon!

I made my blog banner with a template from Rhonna Farrer and a little Photoshop magic :)

melanie, aka Mo said...

Ooooh, I just read where you are going to PTA school. GREAT plan! I employ 3 now, and am interviewing for another. I think that is a really great idea! Mo

Staci said...

we need to start getting our marathon sites set up too!hey guess what i got in the mail today, jake size roses.thanks so much, that was too sweet of you. i can't wait to find a place to plant them and let them make their home.thanks for continuing to keep up with our family, it means the world.
staci raborn